Thursday, April 20, 2017

So close...yet so far



Last nite, mom thought all of us goin' to bed early would be a good idea. Well....you know that sayin' about "best-laid plans of mice and men..."?


Mom let us out, since it hadn't rained for awhile an' she hoped the water had gone down in the backyard. I came right back....of course, Lexie got distracted.

Me an' mom both heard her yellin' her head off in the back corner....I looked at mom to make sure she was aware that we had a AHS situation...then I took off, assured mom knew.

Mom came out w/her big lite to the back corner, where me an' Lexie were. I was warnin' the perp, while Lexie was workin' on access. Mom shut us both down.

She shined her lite, didn't see nothin' but the hole under the back fence behind our horse fence (just in sight, but yet, so far). Then she told us to go back in the house. We both took off...again knowin' that it was long gone once mom showed up.
Mom saw me peel off to take care of some "business" behind a tree. When she got to the house, she stood at the backdoor, callin' me. Finally, after me nudgin' her, she realized I was standin' behind her...in the house. An' Lexie wasn't in the house, an' she had headed for it ahead of both of us.
So, mom started callin' Lexie. Lexie came runnin' super fast into the house....splashin' the whole way, an' leavin' puddles in her wake. On the way to the house, she decided to go for a skinny dip in the pond. Naturally, the first place she went was in dad's big chair...gettin' it soaked. Mom yelled at her to get down....got towels an' started tryin' to dry stuff off...then gave up an' got more towels an' started to dry off Lexie...then everythin' else.


Me?....I was just tryin' to stay outa the spray an' wonderin' when mom was gonna give me my reward....after all...I was the good one...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment