Sunday, December 10, 2017

Just another nite....

My job's done....I'll be in my tower. 

Mom let us out w/the "come right back order"...just about 15 minutes, ago. Our last "out" before lites out. 

I checked in w/mom an' then laid down. Mom finished shuttin' down everythin', an' then asked me where Lexie was.

I got up an went to the backdoor w/mom. We both looked out, mom whistled....no Lexie. 

Then we both heard her barkin'....an' it sounded way off...I looked at mom for comfirmation about the same time she gave me the order to "go find Lexie!". 

Off I went towards the back fence, while mom grabbed her lite. Then she was right behind me. 

It was quiet. I went to the corner an' looked around the back of dad's shed an' mom's greenhouse. Mom shined her lite....we didn't see anythin'....didn't hear anythin'. Nothin' was makin' any noise an' nothin' was movin'...an' no Lexie. 

That corner is notorious for possums. It's the fence between our yard an' Ginger's. An' Ginger's dad has a big shed in that corner an' a big tree....an' worse...a big possum den. They multlply an' climb that tree an' go down our fence line an' eat mom's oranges. 

Mom was afraid Lexie had dug under the fence or somethin'...an' since she can't hear...mom was startin' to get a nigglin' panic. But I was there an' I knew I'd find her. 

I started trackin' her...an' mom was callin' an' whistlin', an' we both made our way outa that corner an' around the front of dad's shed.....


Then we heard her barkin'...an' lots of noise from inside dad's shed! Mom noticed that one side of the doors to the shed, was completely off the track an' layin' half inside. She moved it and shined her lite inside just in time to see a black n' tan shape climb over the lil' tractor in there an' disappear to the far back. 


Bein' mom....she just ripped that door completely off the track an' moved it outside. Then got Lexie's attention an' told her to get to the house. I'm guessin' that last barkin' of Lexie's was 'cause she had been successful in breakin' into dad's shed...but had successfully trapped herself inside, lol. 

Anyway, I didn't had to be told to go to the house....I kinda figured I was on the "good" list, Lexie had been found...an' after watchin' mom rip that door off...just maybe stayin' on that "good list" might be a good move. I was pretty sure she wasn't happy, especially since now, she had to reblock the entry to that shed in the dark. 

After she did that, mom went to the house, where I was waitin', but no Lexie. Mom wasn't in the mood to go huntin' her, so she got her police whistle an' used it. (She's startin' to use this more an' more). Lexie came to the house w/a big grin....an' soakin' wet. Guess she got hot climbin' all over in that shed an' decided to take a dip in her pond to cool off. She ran in the house an' jumped on the couch. Mom made her get down, then Lexie jumped on dad's chair an' laid down. Mom made her get down....an' then Lexie went an' rolled all over MY bed! It was like musical chairs, w/out the music. Mom finally got ahold of her an' toweled her off. Believe it or not...but she was just wet...no mud at all! An' still grinnin'! 

Now, Lexie's mostly dried off....I'm in my tower....outside is closed....an' mom's loaded the washin' machine w/towels an' blankets (from my bed, the couch an' dad's chair) an' is off to bed......just another nite.

AHS log, Sunday 11:30 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment