Saturday, December 2, 2017

The Bestest mornin'.......

You know there's that time b'tween nite an' day....when everythin' is kinda grey. For some reason there's a lil' mist an' you don't hear a sound. It's all still, not even the whisper of the leaves. Daylite is just peekin' out. It's the bestest of times...well, except for darkthirty...an' maybe midnite.
Anyway, Lexie an' I were chompin' at the bit. We had gone to bed early in support of mom...actually we had no choice in the matter. She took her cold meds an' it was lites out pretty early around here. We could see the grey slippin' in b'tween the blinds....so, we discussed it an' decided Lexie would go wake up mom, to let us out. (No one can resist Lexie when she turns up the charm w/that huge grin an' waggin' tail).

Lexie gave mom a quick nose poke...then lots of wags an' grins...an' of course it worked...mom got up an' let us out, then she went back to bed.

It was perfect timin'.....it was still that "time". The temperature was cold, everythin' was still like the whole world was holdin' it's breath. As we ran towards the back, we could see our breath in puffs of clouds. Then....it happened! Everythin' stretched an' woke up! The day had really started, an' we were there to see it happen. There was a squirrel comin' out of that nest in dad's pecan tree...an' we surprised him just as he was gettin' to the fence. The birds were flyin' to the back corner where dad put out some wild bird seed. For some reason, those big blue ones don't like the lil' red ones, an' chase 'em off. Lexie an' I don't get involved in that, they need to work it out themselves.

We covered every square inch of that yard..an' then some.....had a great time. But that special time doesn't last very long, so we were ready to go back inside an' wait for the folks to get up an' make breakfast.

Lexie went in thru her lil' door......but I wasn't feelin' like goin' thru that lil' door. I had other ideas. I stood at the back door an' hollered for dad to let me in. (he's my personal doorman....lol). He got up, an' as he went to open the backdoor.....I went thru the lil' door an' raced into his bedroom. He was right behind me as fast as he could close the backdoor an' follow. But he was too late.
I lifted my head from his pillow with a huge grin, as I laid there all stretched out on his side of the bed next to mom. An' I wasn't movin'.....he tried....didn't work.........he gave up. I snuggled down an' snoozed w/mom till she was ready to get up.

As far as I'm concerned....this was the bestest mornin'........

No comments:

Post a Comment