Tuesday, January 2, 2018

The End does Justify the Means....accordin' to me....

After gettin' cleaned up....(feet an' face)....actually, I went to the shower on my own....there's no way I was gonna be able to stand all that mud....all it took was mom sayin', "just look at your feet!"...an' off I went. It felt good to be reasonably clean, again.
It got colder durin' the nite, w/temps droppin' below 30.
I got to thinkin' about that critter hidin' under mom's woodpile in the back. The more I thought about it .....the more I felt I needed to take action.

So...at 2 am, I begged, I pleaded, I kinda demanded...to go out. Finally, mom worried that since she had closed outside so early, that maybe I really needed to go out. I might have, but she'll never know.....she tricked me. She put a 20 foot lead on me, let me out...an' put the end around the doorknob inside She was standin' there in her flannel jammies an' Lulu's big wool socks & sayin' that there was no way she was goin' out there retrievin' me. First of all....I'd never "do anythin'" that close to the house.....second, that defeated any chance of securin' the perimeter of the yard or checkin' that woodpile. I came back inside thinkin'...an' kinda defeated. Mom went back to bed.

5 am....after thinkin' about it....surely things would work out better...Mom was asleep an' didn't know anythin' about our aborted missing at 4 am w/dad. He let us out before he left for work, an' after not hearin' us for awhile, he came lookin' for us w/mom's lite. He found me supervisin' Lexie ( I wasn't gonna get my paws dirty!). She was workin' on my hole I had started last nite...we were determined to get that critter. He made us cease an' desist ...an' go back in the house. So, I woke mom up again......Drats!!! She put that same ol' lead on me.....20 feet is nothin'!! Nothin', I tell you! After lookin' around in disgust....I came back inside. Mom went back to bed.

About 6:30am...daylite was here....I tried again....third time's a charm, right? Mom got us....an' let us both out!...with a warnin' to "come right back". No coats, either! She stood at the backdoor an' watched us. She opened the door an' whistled at Lexie, when she saw that she had checked on Ginger, an' gone potty. Lil' miss suck up, came inside (she knows that she'll get a cookie for comin' inside)......then mom watched for me. I had taken off to the far corners....an' checked the fence line, the woodpile (that critter had already gotten up an gone)......mom say me make it to dad's shed...an' then called me inside. I had missed my window of opportunity to catch any intruders. There was nothin' goin' on, an' it was a lil' chilly....an' I felt the need for a nap....so, I came inside.



Me, Lexie an' mom allllll went back to her bed an' snuggled in the warm blankets..........mom said she liked that part, but told me that she didn't think that the "end always justifies the means".....don't know what she's talkin' about......it could all have been avoided if it wasn't for that 20 foot lead. I tell you, it's not easy runnin' AHS w/all the handicaps an' regulations mom sets forth. Good thing we've got great benefits.


No comments:

Post a Comment