Thursday, February 1, 2018

Bitin'....

Ok...I've seen a lot of people complainin' about their pups bitin'.  I might hear some gasps or some laughs..but it worked for me when I was a pup. 

Us pups just wanna have fun...just like when we were w/our littermates....an' other furkids.....we're just not used to the fact that mom an' dad just don't have the fur or appreciate for our type of play. An' we tend to get a lil' rambunctious an' enthusiastic in our play. When we're w/our furmom an' littermates, "rudeness" or "too rough" gets an' immediate response...mostly from our furmom.

Now, all of a sudden we're left to figure it out what's too rough an' what's not acceptable all on our own. 
My new mom tried it all....the penny can worked for a lot of stuff...I didn't care for that at all, but she couldn't have it w/her all the time.

Finally, she resorted to what had worked for her in the past when she raised Malamutes. They're pack animals...an' follow a strict hierarchy... Mom was the ultimate boss....to break a biting habit, she did what was natural in their world...when they'd bite, she grabbed an ear an' bit it. (just the tip...that's all it took).

One night, I was jumpin' around all over the place havin' a good ol' time.....then jumped up an' grabbed mom's arm an' bit down. I was just playin'. You can just imagine my shock, when she said "NO!"...grabbed my ear an' bit it!!! I had to stop an' think about that! Then I remembered my furmom doin' the same thing. After that...when mom said, "NO".....I would stop. I sure didn't want her bitin' my ear again!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I've heard about that and often wondered if it worked. It's logical that it would, you're the head if the pack now and it's your rule!

    Love your blog very much, always am pleased to see a new entry! Thank you!

    Lucy (Troy, Ohio)

    ReplyDelete