Saturday, December 16, 2017

One for the Books....

Oh my gosh.....last nite was one for the books...AHS log........I was up in my tower doin' some neighborhood surveillance, when it happened. I was shocked, but immediately let out some very loud warnin's.
I saw him comin' from between two houses, down by the corner, an' into the street. Then he proceeded to make his way down the street towards our house. He was stil a few houses down from us.


I was in high alert...I sent out some very stern warnin's. He musta' finally heard me an' figured out that he had been made. He crossed the street an' stopped by the lil' drainage ditch. His head was slowly goin' back n' forth tryin' to locate me.
This was a serious situation...I watched him silently as he stood there. I knew what I had to do....an' ran downstairs. This called for witnessess an' possible backup.....an' someone w/thumbs to open doors an' help to possibly apprehend. I went to find mom.

She was at her computer. I gave her some nudges....then plain as day signals for her to follow me. It was late, so, I'll give her that excuse as to why she didn't "get it". She asked if I wanted out. I let her think that, just to get her up outa that chair. Then when she got up...I herded her towards the stairs. I wouldn't let her get to the backdoor. She finally stopped an' asked me to "show her".

I gave her a quick "yip" an' ran to the stairs. As she followed, as went up 'em to my tower room an' jumped up on that bed. He was still there, right there.. across the street.
Mom finally made it up there, saw me..an' she climbed up in the bed beside me an' looked out the window.
She looked out the middle window....an' told me she didn't see anythin'. I barked out a warnin' an' tried to point out where he was.

Mom looked again...but this time outa the side window.....he was on the move an' was startin' to cross the street towards our house. I was really in active mode, now.....I was yellin'. He stopped in the middle of the street, an' I could tell he had zeroed in on me. An' now...mom saw him, too!

I let out some more serious warnin's....an' it musta made him a believer...he changed directions an' went up our neighbor's driveway an' then headed down the sidewalk towards the corner.
Mom an' I watched him till he was outa sight.

She told me I did a good job....an' that I was right to scare him off.
I heard her tell dad that was the biggest cat she has ever seen, an' she's never seen it around our neighborhood before. All I can say is that is definitely somethin' we DON'T need another rogue neighborhood cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment