Friday, January 11, 2019

Security is a 24/7 Job

Mom's worried about me....an' to be frank...I'm a lil' worried, too. But not about me...I've got a security issue.
For the last couple of nites, I've been spendin' a lot of time outside...sittin' on the deck, lookin' out into the dark...or layin' there.....an' doin' extra patrols along our fence line. An' then doin' it early in the mornin', too. 
Mom think's it's unusual an' that's why she's worried. Everyone knows that I prefer stayin' inside. Lexie's got the outside guard duty, especially at nite. (oh..an' btw...she's out there w/me)
Mom oughta know that somethin's up....Dad an' I went out at dark thirty. We had just cleared the grape arbor, when I zoomed off to the far corner yellin' at the top of my lungs. He came 'round to see what was goin' on...an' I tried to tell him it went over the corner of the fence, but he didn't see nothin'. It was fast, that I can tell you.....oh...an' it's been all along that fence..... There's been lots of evidence. Lexie an' I have been trackin' it all over the yard. 
Mom an' dad don't know if it's a cat...or a raccoon. We've had a couple of possums, but they don't move that fast, an' we usually catch 'em eatin' mom's oranges or grapefruits...an' as soon as they can get in a tree..well, they just get higher an' stay there. They don't race an' jump a 8 foot wood fence.
Tonite, mom's made us come inside......so, we'll have to just wait an' see if it comes back in the mornin'. Dad gets up super early, so we'll get another chance at it. For some reason, mom doesn't want us workin' any security operation late tonite. I just don't know if we're gonna be able to keep her on, if she don't want to participate. AHS is a reactionary outfit...we have no control over the hours that those criminal varmits keep. We can't operate effectively workin' just 9-5......especially when that's when we do our power nappin'.........

No comments:

Post a Comment