Wednesday, September 12, 2018

What adventure?

Oh my gosh.....it's really funny...but I do have to worry about mom, sometimes.
It rained pretty much all day, yesterday, finally kinda clearin' up last nite. It was damp an' foggy...just how Lexie an' I like it.
We knew that the critters like it like that, too. An' after beein' cooped up in the house w/mom all day, we were rarin' to go as soon as mom let us out.
We zoomed out.....mom checked the weather an' since it looked like it wasn't gonna rain, she didn't even bother givin' us that "come right back" speech. (as if we even hung around long enough to have heard it, anyway).
Lexie ran right over to check if Ginger was out. (She wasn't)...then proceeded to patrol on that side of the yard around the greenhouse. I ran off to the right side of the yard to check that area out.
We met up around the orange trees. There's always somethin' in there tryin' to steal mom's oranges. But, I guess we were too early. So, we just enjoyed bein' out. It was a lil cooler, so we got to just playin'.
All excited like, we ran into the house midchase. Lexie likes to use dad's chair as "base", So, she jumped up in it hard enough to make it rock. I ran up to mom to let her know we were back an' everythin' was ok....an' to see if she wanted to join us in play.
She was busy makin' somethin'...so, I went back to Lexie.
Mom hadn't told us to stay inside, so we took advantage of that an' went back outside.
Mom saw us leave.....then it clicked on her that Lexie went out kinda careful like thru her lil' door an'....it looked like she had somethin' in her mouth. Somethin' grey......
Alarmed...mom was havin' flashes goin' thru her head of ...well.....large grey thin's.....we don't have any large grey stuffies.....so, naturally mom's brain was flashin' pics of possums. (It's amazin', really, how she goes there).
She was up from her desk, grabbin' her lite...an' out the door in nano seconds.
I was just makin' my way back to the house an' was almost to the patio. I saw her an' could tell there was some kind of situation an' alarm happenin'. I ran right up to her.....to find out what it was.....heck, I needed to know...did I need to "get" someone, somethin'...save someone....what was happenin'....I was ready!
Then she stopped........
She was lookin' at Lexie, who was just sittin' on the edge of the deck lookin' out on the yard. Lexie turned an' looked at me an' mom....then got up an' waggin' her tail, sauntered over to us, with a "what's up?".
Mom shined her lite all over around the deck an' patio...didn't see anythin'. Then went back in the house. We followed her to the kitchen. She gave us each a treat an' told us that was enough adventure for the nite.
Lexie an' I didn't mind that treat, at all....but we still had no clue what adventure she was talkin' about. As far as we can tell, she startin' to imagine stuff......last nite was nice an' fun, but we never even saw any critters, much less brought anythin' in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment