Wednesday, August 15, 2018

It's not about how much you win.....

It was a sad sight.....refused my dinner. Mom was all kinds of upset an' worried. Not only that, I was kinda mopin', just layin' around....until she heard me in the kitchen. 
I sounded angry an' demandin'.....
She came in the kitchen so witness me lettin' out big "woofs"...first at my bowl (that was full of my kibble)...then at the kitchen counter.......finally, I just sat in the middle of the floor an' let out a super big "WOOF"...then looked directly at her.
She got the message all right........but then said there was no way she was givin' me any of that roast beef an' gravy..."no way, no how!" Then she left me sittin' there.
I thought about it for about a nano second....then got up, went to the kitchen door...an' let out another "woof". KInda in a argumentative voice. (Well, at least in a voice intended to tell her how much I disagreed w/her decision.)
She went an' sat on the couch.
I went an' laid on my bed in front of the tv an' the couch...starin' at her.
Lexie had been followin' all this & in support hadn't eaten, either. She takes her cues from me...& she knew there was that gravy on that counter, just like I did...she was just lettin' me do the "heavy liftin'".
I know mom sat there thru at least two shows...of whatever. I still just stared.
Finally, she got up...went to the kitchen.....I followed.
"FINE!!!", she said.
She got a spoon an' put one lil' dollup of that roast beef gravy on top of mine an' Lexie's food.
Lexie an' I scarfed up all that food w/out even gettin' scarcastic.....after all it's not always about how much you win, it's about winnin' the battle in the first place.
Bailey-1 Mom-0

No comments:

Post a Comment