Wednesday, February 7, 2018

I don't make threats.....just promises

"tap, tap, tap, tap"..........mom had me in the kitchen to fix her mistakes on my haircut. Like that lil' tuft of hair on the right on the top of my head......we heard that, she looked at me...I looked at her. Then she looked out the kitchen window an' didn't see anthin'. So, we both ignored it. Sometimes Bozo knocks on the wall w/his beak...maybe that was it.

A few minutes go by.....then, "tap, tap, tap, tap"....not loud at all. We both look at each other...that wasn't Bozo. Mom still doesn't see any vehicle in front of the house.....she's not expecting anyone......an' even the neighbors woulda' knocked louder then that....it was too weird...she wasn't gonna go to the door..maybe they'll get the message an' go away.

Then....a lil' while later......the door bell rings...twice! I don't even wait for her response....I roar!!!, an' head towards the front door. Mom's right behind me.
All she can see is someone right at the door w/a black jacket an' cap.....she grabs my collar....an' opens the door.

Mom can tell by just feelin' me next to her, that I'm coiled up ready to take care of business. I'm not makin' a sound, but I'm not lookin' at this guy w/any kind of friendly curiosity....I'm lookin' at him to plan exactly where my mouth is gonna go. I'm guessin' that look was read correctly by the bearded strange guy at the door. He jumped back about 15 feet w/his hands up in the air. Mom just said, "NO!" as he tried to mutter out somethin' about just "tryin' to make a livin'" & wantin' to "cut limbs for $90"...then slammed an' locked the door.

I ran to the kitchen window...again w/mom right behind me. We watched as he walked to the other side of our driveway. He had it parked where mom couldn't see it. Then he backed down to in front of the house two yards down...an' sat there. We think he was either makin' notes or someone else got in from where ever they were. Then they drove off slowly down the street.
Mom's thinkin' that they were checkin' out houses to see who wasn't home....or some kind of racket.
At least now they know not to mess w/our house.
Mom says, AHS is worth it's weight in gold. She likes that I don't get all crazy at the door. I say it's always better not to threaten someone.....just look 'em in the eye an' give 'em a promise....if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment