Monday, February 19, 2018

Dark as Nite......

It was dark as night....an' I'm not just talkin' about the fact that dad got up at 2:30 in the mornin' to go to work......an' in turn woke me an' Lexie up. After all, it wasn't even dawn, yet.

We got up.....went outside 'cause he said, too. Bein' curious as to why he was up so early, we didn't stay out very long. Lexie went to the kitchen an' started demandin' a cookie.....I went to the stairs an' demanded he remove the gate an' let me in my tower. He managed to give in to both demands pretty quickly, lol.

I went up to my tower....an' had just settled in to begin my surveillance when I saw it! Like I said...dark as nite, blendin' into the darkness, layin' right smack dab in the middle of our front yard. Like he owned the place. NOT!!

I immediately stood up an' roared a warnin'! He heard me alright....there was no mistakin' what I was sayin', either. Even dad could tell this was no cat warnin' (I do warn the stray cats to stay off my street). He didn't even try to tell me to quiet down......I heard him open the front door an' step out to see what kind of threat we had. An' then he saw it!...now standin' in the middle of our front yard.
I watched for a few seconds, till I saw dad steppin' away from the front porch an' towards that big rottweiler....then I really roared!....warnin' that guy that he better leave an' not even think about gettin' close to my dad! That rottie took my promises (I don't threaten) to heart an' moved outa my front yard to Ginger's front yard.

Dad just watched him for a minute.....an' noticed that he was draggin' what looked like a long lead...an' on the end of it was a big stake.



Don't know if he was tied up in his own yard....or someone saw him wandering around an' staked him out in their yard for his own good. ....In any case...he was out an' about on his own. None of us have ever seen a rottweiler in our neighborhood. Dad said he seemed friendly an' looked like he was waitin' for dad to call him...but when dad didn't, he continued on down the street.

Just as well, as far as I'm concerned.....everytime we'd go to the big PetFest, there were hundreds of dogs...an' the only ones that ever tried to attack me, were rottweilers...don't know why...but they seemed to have a real aversion to airedales for some reason. So, I don't particularly trust 'em. An' I'm sure as heck not gonna let one invade my house!....afterall, mom was still asleep an' who knows, maybe he was waitin' on friends to mount a home invasion or somethin'......I dunno, but I'm markin' this down as another quick an' positive resolution by AHS! Once again, the homestead is safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment