Monday, January 7, 2013

Keep cool...., my friends in Oz!

It's HOT down under!   While we're all bundled up here in the states with winter, our friends in Oz are swelterin'!  We can't send you any snow.  Actually, I'm down here in Texas & we don't get snow, but it's cold & wet.  In the summer, it gets really hot for me & Lexie, too. So, I sympathize with you all.  Mom's always lookin' for ways to keep us cool. Here's my Frosty Paws recipe. Mom, also, makes us "ice bowl" treats..with chicken broth & puts in all sorts of stuff... bits of chicken, blueberries, rice..whatever. She gets kinda creative.  Sometimes...it's just ice..lol.

                                         


HOMEMADE FROSTY PAWS


32oz Vanilla yogurt
1 Mashed banana  (or large jar of baby food banana)
2 Tablespoons peanut butter
2 Tablespoons honey


Mix it all together & put in lil' cups & freeze!
(you can use lil' plastic cups or bowls & "pop" em out..or even lil' paper cups)



3 comments:

  1. Great idea, Bailey! I'm going to make these for Willow, Tigger and MacDuff next summer. MacDuff loves ice cubes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! That's my favorite thing, ice cubes. Straight outa the fridge..or better yet, outa mom's sweet tea (she hardly ever gets to drink her tea w/ice, when I'm around.)

      Delete
  2. The Duke of LilydaleJanuary 7, 2013 at 6:26 PM

    Wooferoos Bailey got the list and pushin Mum outta that door to the grocer shop....can't wait for some real cool lickies of your famous Frosty paws.

    Thanks again Duke, Zena and Hurricane Dottie

    ReplyDelete