Saturday, June 25, 2016

Cone Trials an' Tribulations

Well....Lexie went to bed last nite a lil' damp an' on mom's "list". I think she's still on that list. Not sure who's the most tired an' disgusted w/that or Lexie.
It's like Lexie alternates her good days an' bad days. I figure she acts out an' then gives mom a day for forget an' then does it again. Like three nites let us out, for that last "call", an' then heard us barkin'. (I don't have to even mention our disregard for that "come RIGHT back" was AHS business).

She calls, she whistles, she comes out to yell at us in person....we evade her an' carry on w/what we're doin'.....tryin' to apprehend some nite creature. She even shines her lite around an' don't see anythin'. Then resorts to gettin' a lead to drag us in. I figured w/all her carryin' on, whatever it was was gone, an' she did sound kinda, I went in the house. Lexie on the other paw...ignored
her....oh...did I mention she was soakin' wet from swimmin' in the pond, an' covered w/dirt from messin' around in the dirt under the fig, cone. After a bit of "ring around the fig tree",, mom finally lassoed her w/that lead an' dragged her inside....neither one very happy (especially mom when she could see Lexie's black paws an' legs in the lite).
Mom tried to clean her incision & staples...but it wasn't workin', she dragged Lexie back outside an' hosed her off...figurin' that "not gettin' it wet" took a back seat to "not lettin' it stay covered in dirt". Then back in the house, where she doused it w/that surgical solution an' antibacterial cream. Found her cone an' cleaned' put it back on Lexie. An' everyone went to bed about midnite.
Then we had a uneventful day an' nite. Mom even gave Lexie a lil' time off the cone for good behavior.
Last nite...well, there were some good things, it was an early' no hose was involved. Mom let us out about 10 pm. Gave us the same directive. She hadn't even had time to walk to the kitchen before she heard us barkin'. Grabbin' her lite, an' mutterin', "oh nooooo", she stormed outside to where we were. All was quiet.

Know what super hot days an' then cool nites do? Makes it kinda foggy & spooky, accordin' to mom. She heads for where she had heard us, on the far side of the pond by that fence. As she passes the pond, she sees a lot of wet spots...but neither of us. She keeps lookin'.....finally she finds us by the' yes, Lexie is' coneless. We had chased whatever it was back over the fence an' were just doin' an "aftercheck" to make sure that critter was alone an' were ready to go back, anyway. I headed back to the house as mom grabbed Lexie, who was headed back,too, but mom wasn't gonna take any chances of goin' thru that same dance as a couple of nites ago. Plus I think she was just a tad upset.
She gets Lexie inside. Luckily, she was just wet..w/pond water, but just wet. Mom dried her off, doused that leg, again...slathered it w/that antibacterial'....then cone.

Mom grabs her lite an' heads back outside, leavin' us under house arrest. She's out there about 20 minutes (we have a big yard) an' can't find it. About her second pass, she thought she saw someone walkin' across the back.....she stepped by one of the gardens, waited to see if she had just seen a' regrettin' her decision to leave me locked up w/Lexie. She shined her lite' there he was!! Almost upon the dark! Scarin' the beejeebies outa was dad. He had come home to find us locked in the house, an' at the back door wantin'' no mom. Thinkin' that was unusual, he left us inside (again..why was I locked up?) an' went out in the dark foggy nite to find mom.
She was gettin' pretty frustrated an' hadn't found Lexie's cone. He took her lite an' said he' look. He found it in the bushes after just a few minutes.
Mom disinfected the cone, which is lookin' kinda' put it back on Lexie sayin' she considerin' puttin' that gorilla glue on it so, it'll have to be cut off.

So far.....this looks to be one of the good days an' nites....we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment