Thursday, April 12, 2018

It's a Quandary....

She shoulda known that daytime run around the yard after Lexie was a fluke. She shoulda' known that Lexie havin' a "treasure" most likely happens at nitetime...the middle of the nitetime.
Like right smack dab in the middle.

I came inside to try an' report...but mom thought I was just bein' friendly. She petted me, rubbed my ear flaps, gave me a big hug.....I soaked it all up (hey, why not?). Then she went to call Lexie in.
Lexie was on her lil' porch, & mom knocked on the lil' door flap. Lexie knows that's her signal to come inside. First, Lexie turned around an' poked her head inside, Then when mom opened the big door, Lexie hopped down, grabbed up somethin' in her mouth an' proceeded to come inside.

I was standin' next to mom, w/my superior "I tried to tell you, mom....an' I tried to tell you, Lexie"....look an' attitude. Just waitin' to see how this was gonna play out.

There was Lexie standin' in front of the door, there was mom (an' me) standin' in the now partially opened door blockin' the way inside.

Now, Lexie can't really hear...but she sure seemed to when mom looked her in the face an' asked, "What do you have in your mouth?". (It was kinda obvious, when we saw her pick somethin' up an' her cheeks were stickin' out like a chipmunk).

Lexie backed up......mom took a step forward....Lexie walked off to the side of the patio ready to start her evasive nite time yard manuevers. I was just watchin' the action.

All of a sudden, mom stepped back to the doorway...then announced she was goin' into the kitchen. "What?"....Lexie an' I were both taken by surprise.

Leavin' the door open, mom really did go into the kitchen. Heck I followed her right away, this might mean some chicken or somethin'. Within seconds, Lexie was inside, too. She came inside, dropped somethin' off on the rug in the livin' room an' was right there beside me in the kitchen in front of mom. Mom gave us both a big cookie, an' we ran back to the livin'room to our beds to eat 'em.
Mom followed us w/a huge wad of papertowels in her hand to pick up Lexie's latest treasure. It was, she thinks, another birdie.....

Lexie must have found another nest that got blown down or somethin' had gotten this birdie an' dropped it in the yard sometime earlier in the week. Sadly, it wasn't alive...but I guess Lexie thought it was like the possums, an' she wanted to keep it until it was ok. An' she wanted to keep it safely in the house, that's why she had it by the backdoor an' her lil' porch, to bring it in the house for safety.
Mom had to dispose of it...an' after eatin' her cookie, Lexie ran back outside to look for it.....in fact, this mornin'....she was out lookin' for it again.
Mom has been tryin' to reassure Lexie that she was a good girl. But the quandary is that mom really doesn't want her bringin' stuff in the house....dead or alive. But she really doesn't want to do nitetime chases around the yard, either....
.
Me? I don't care one way or the other......I'm scorin' either way!

No comments:

Post a Comment