Friday, April 13, 2018

Who Says Possums Can't Learn?

Who says possum's can learn? It was obvious the one I had treed in the corner, last nite had.
Mom heard me yellin' at him an' came out w/her lite. I like to think she's comin' out to help instead of shuttin' me down. (She refuses to abide by our AHS contract at times). 

First, she shined her lite up in the corner to see what exactly I was dealin' with. Sure nuff, it was a possum up on the back fence just starin' at me....darin' me .....tauntin' me. Mom looked around w/her lite an' selected a long pole. That's her weapon of choice...a long stick or whatever...me?...I like it more up close an' personal, but whatever works. 

Then she got in the corner, shined her lite along that big pole at that possum, then took aim, ready to knock him right off that fence to the other side. But......


That possum musta recognized mom....the lite....or the pole...or all three....because he stood up an' took off down that fence towards Ginger's yard!


Mom was fast, though...an' caught him off balance an' over the fence he went into the field.
It was so excitin' when he took off....I jumped up to add support....trouble was...the possum was off balance, mom had that long pole.....I knocked into her... the possum fell over the fence...an' well,....mom managed to not fall by kinda leanin' on me.....


Anyways, I did a quick double check, that the threat was over...an' mom was ok.....she gave me a quick pat, leaned her pole against that tree back there (for next time)...an' we went to the house. 


Where was Lexie? Well, she was providin' support behind us...an' double checkin' behind the greenhouse, tryin' to see if there was another way to get to that possum since me an' mom an' that lil' tree pretty much took up all the room in that corner. When we got to the house, though....Lexie was already waitin' in the kitchen for our reward, lol

No comments:

Post a Comment