Friday, July 6, 2018

Imminent Danger.......

Yesterday was almost a repeat of the 4th....rain. But no wind an' not as much, justs off an' on. Just enough so the backyard just never had a chance of dryin' out, which didn't make mom super happy since she says Lexie an' I are like walkin' muddy mops (x 8). She finally just put down towels an' let it go.
Dad spent the afternoon drainin' the hot tub, 'cause the storm had pushed off the screen cover an' blown tons of leaves an' stuff into it. All those pretty pink flowers from the trees are all over the place, coverin' everythin' in sludgy brown.....

Then durin' the rainy afternoon, we all were inside snackin' an' just enjoyin' a movie time.....an' mom was washin' towels, lol.

It really was a pretty good day.

Last nite was when AHS had to go back to work.

Mom had closed outside at the first sign of trouble.

I posted myself at the backdoor an' stood (well, laid down...no sense bein' uncomfortable) watch for hours at the first sign of imminent danger.....the possibility of the household security bein' breached.


It sounded like a warzone goin' on right behind our house! Oh, I know about thunder...Lexie still thinks there's some "boomin' man"...but I know better, it's just some kind of cloud noise when it's rainin' hard. Good sleepin' weather as far as I'm concerned. She, also, thinks' them loud bangs are just another kind of "boomin' mens". Now, she might be closer to bein' right on that.

In the past, I've heard strange people behind our fence make those big bangs.....an' I've warned 'em to stay away an' yelled my displeasure at 'em.

This year, mom kept us inside at the first bang. So, I was reduced to just bein' able to guard the backdoor, in case they got into our backyard an' tried to get into the house. It's usually Lexie's spot when we're locked inside, but as head of security, I placed myself there.......she decided to protect the kitchen (go figure).

I can honestly say, that it was another successful AHS mission.....there was no breach....an' everyone was able to sleep soundly knowin' I was on the job.....includin' me. (After all. no one could get inside that door w/out me knowin' it....).

No comments:

Post a Comment