Friday, June 29, 2018

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished


Lexie an' I thought we'd give mom a break, last nite. She had a sore tooth...an' I know how that can hurt. So, we didn't even object to her closin' outside an' goin' to bed early.

She checked the doors, turned out all the lites.....gave us each our goodnite hugs an' kisses (she never ever goes to bed w/out doin' this), dad was already asleep, an' then she went into her bathroom to get into her nities an' put that good tastin' stuff on her face (I like it).

Then she turned off that lite an' opened the door to the bedroom to go to bed.

As she smacked into me...luckily we both didn't go splat.....she was able to grab onto me to keep us both upright. Hey...I was just waitin' patiently for her to come out an' give her a nite kiss, make sure she was ok, an' just lay down by her bed.

Whew...we both were glad we escaped goin' splat...me, for her not landin' on me....her for...well not landin' at all.

Then she walks w/me to her side of the bed......

She steps right into the middle of Lexie...who was layin' patiently beside mom's side of the bed. Mom jumped back....Lexie jumped up. An' mom reached down an' hugged an' petted Lexie...makin' sure she was ok. Then mom climbed into bed.

Lexie an' I decided that we tried.....an' we, also, decided that we might be safer goin' to bed ....in the livin' room.

Well, we both had decided to put mom to bed an' wait for her to nod off...givin' her some quality time. This was not how we envisioned it goin' down. It was supposed to be a sweet gesture from us......comfortin' ....lettin' her know we really cared......not a crash n' burn type of moment.

It was the thought that counts, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment