Monday, June 25, 2018

Knock before Enterin'......



AHS-RED ALERT!!!
Mom an' I were out enjoyin' the mornin'. It's warm, balmy feelin'......there's a strong breeze makin' all the crepe myrtle blooms fall like pink snow. (dad don't like this 'cause they're landin' everywhere an' pilin' up on stuff in lil' drifts of brown an' pink).

All of a sudden.....the door bell rang....

I ran inside to the kitchen windows...lettin' out a warnin'! There's a white truck parked in front of our house. (I hate white trucks). Dad opened the door to talk to some man, an' I watched from the kitchen. Then as he left to go back to his truck, I ran up to my tower to make sure he really had intentions to leave.

After I was sure he drove off, I came back downstairs just in time to hear dad tell mom that that guy an' others would be back.....to go in our backyard. That they were here to check that buried pipeline that runs across the yard way in the back.


Well, I was gonna go out w/dad to check stuff out....an' be there for security. He locked me an' Lexie in the house!


I knew somethin' was up as I watched from the backdoor.....dad was out there....an' talkin' to someone!
"They" didn't come back later....."they" jumped over my back fence an' were back there!! 


Dad told 'em that he woulda' opened the gate & made sure me an' Lexie were locked in the house. When they were finished, he took them out that way. An' he told 'em that they were lucky that I wasn't out there, that it mighta' gotten "ugly". One of the guys said that it was ok.....they find it easier to just go over the fences from yard to yard w/no problem...that he likes dogs...an' even has a couple of "weiner dogs".
Dad opened the gate for 'em...an' pointed out where that big hole in the gate had been repaired. Then said that I was a lil' bigger then a "weiner dog"....an' that there were two of us, an' that hole in the gate was us bustin' thru it after just a cat that had gotten in our backyard w/out our permission. An' that he just wasn't sure how fast they could jump a fence an' run.........


He suggested to them that they just might consider comin' to the front door an' lettin' him open the gate & makin' sure we're locked up when they come back......


We'll see.....'cause I'm on alert....an' Lexie's an' my afternoon might just get a lot more excitin'........

No comments:

Post a Comment