Thursday, June 21, 2018

When did I become Lexie's "keeper"?

Midnite....

Lexie talked mom into lettin' her "out"....as if she reallllllly needed to go "out". 
It's been rainin' a lot, again, today...so, we've been locked in....again, most of the day. Only gettin' to go out sporadically. 

So, mom gave in.."just in case", she said, an' she told us "to come RIGHT back!!". An' she tapped Lexie on the nose an' pointed that finger at her, an' Lexie had no choice but to know what mom was sayin'. 
So, mom opened the door an' we literally flashed outside we were movin' so fast. 

I did a quick recon of the fence line...checked out the gate an' that back corner...did my business an' came back inside the house, where I was rewarded w/one of them mongolian cheese thingees. 


Mom went to the backdoor an' looked out.....no Lexie. Everythin' in the backyard is wet, with drippin' drops comin' off the trees an' shinin' in her lite as she moved it across the yard. About then.....mom saw her movin' across the yard...blatantly pretendin' that she didn't see mom's lite. I walked out on the deck, but didn't see her....mom told me to go get her. 


I went as far as the pond, while mom shined her lite that way. (dad got her one of them tactical lites that goes really far). I spotted Lexie...an' she spotted me lookin' at her an' saw mom's lite. She couldn't ignore me....I just looked at her an' turned towards the house. She knew exactly that the game was up an' she had to come inside. But I have to tell you, she came right on in...but she was trudgin' not trottin' down the path, lol. 


Sure hope it don't rain, tomorrow.....I think even mom's gettin' stir crazy.......good thin' I've got my tower......don't know why I'm Lexie's "keeper" all of a sudden....I really don't care if she's out in the wet an' rain.......as long as she keeps her wet self off my bed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment