Monday, May 28, 2018

Magic Rock

Went out w/mom an' dad to the back corner. Mom was showin' dad that table she's been workin' on. Ya know...the one she "rescued" from a pile of hurricane damaged trash. 

Anyway, Lexie an' I decided to do a lil' recon in that area.....all of a sudden....

Whoa! I jumped back about three feet....

What the heck?......I had one paw up pointin'...my neck an' nose stretched out.........

Dad an' mom saw me.....an' mom told me to "leave it!"....she had no idea what was against that fence...but for me to act like this...she didn't want me near it until dad checked it out (to be honest, she thought it was a snake). 

Dad came over an' I got a lil' closer, but I didn't want him to be close to the danger by himself, so I went ahead an' walked w/him..just in case he was attacked.

Dad told mom it wasn't a snake....then he picked it up to show her. I was a g'normous rock...with four legs an' a head! Then all of a sudden...it was just a rock again! No legs....no head!

Dad held it up so I couldn't inspect it, so I began to give that spot where it was a really good examination.....just in case there were more. I had my nose down...sniffin' as fast as I could....then all of a sudden, I jumped....mom wasn't s'posed to see that.....I had turned an' there was a big round rock...an' outa the corner of my eye, I thought it was another one of them magic rocks. (mom did apologize for laughin'.....hey, I've never had one of them in my yard, before, and the first one looked just like a rock).
Dad took that turtle to mom, an' they discussed what to do w/it. Dad was for puttin' it on the other side of the yard an' hopin' it'd dig back under the fence.

Mom nixed that idea....she didn't want it anywhere in the yard....because of us (she had noticed that it looked like "someone" had bit off a lil' corner of his "box"...an' there was chip on the backside, too), an' because of her garden veggies...an' because of her fishies. In other words, he was persona non grata in our yard, as far as she was concerned. 

So....she took him thru the house, down the street, around the corner, across the baseball field an' put him in the field behind our house. 

What'd he do? Stuck out his head, stretched his neck to look around....put out his legs, hiked up his box an' took off.....right towards the busy four lane road. He was movin' pretty fast, too.

Mom watched him for a minute or two....sighed...an' then went wadin' in the weeds after him.
She finally caught up w/him, picked him up, an' walked in the other direction an' put him back down.
He never even put his head back in his box...nor his legs...when she put him back down, he stretched his neck out an' was puffin' it out like he was MAD!...then he turned around an' took off....but at least this time, he was headed towards the woods.....

Mom was sure wishin' she had brought her camera...'cause she thought it was kinda funny they way he was actin'.....then she noticed that he "may" be headed for the woods...but he "may" be headed back to our yard, since he'd have to pass that corner of our yard on the way to the woods. She's already decided he's goin' for hummer ride if he shows up again.

On the way outa the field, she found a lost baseball. 

I had watched her traipsin' down the street to the corner w/that turtle from my tower. So, when she came back, I met her at the door an' gave her a good "goin' over". I had to make sure she was "magic rock" free....naturally. Who knows what coulda' happened.

She said she was ok...an' then gave me that ball from the field. I like it a lot more then that movin' rock....
T

No comments:

Post a Comment